Do you still have a http:// website ? NOT GOOD!
If you have your own website or if you are managing the website for a client make sure you move from http to https ASAP. Here are the reasons:
- Website not secure. Google Chrome warns users that the site they are about to visit is not secure. If a user about to visit your website gets a warning that your website in not safe then the probability is high that the user will will not visit your site
- Ranking boost. Google gives a slight ranking boost should your website be https (this means you will be ranked higher when a user does a search on Google)
- Encryption. Encrypting the exchanged data to keep it secure from eavesdroppers. This means that while the user is browsing a website, nobody can “listen” to their conversations, track their activities across multiple pages or steal their information.
- Data integrity. Data cannot be modified or corrupted during transfer, intentionally or otherwise, without being detected.
- Authentication. Proves that your users communicate with the intended website. It protects against man-in-the-middle attacks and builds user trust, which translates into other business benefits.
Is it difficult? Not all all. You simply have to phone your hosting company and request that your URL be changed from http to https. Once this is done remember to:
- update your Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools (for all of you who attended the SEO Training Course)
- change the urls on all your Google Ads (should you be running Ad Campaigns on Google Ads).