Website security should be one of the top priorities for anyone who owns a website or manages a website for someone else.
Hackers constantly seek new entry points to exploit websites. As these exploits are discovered, the plugin adds them to their list and permanently blocks them. You are immediately informed by email. You may decide to leave the IPs permanently blocked or you can unblock them.
Having a secure website is priceless… Some hosting companies will tell you that they secure their Clients’ website but they don’t.
You get a big shock should you one day not be able to access your website because… it is gone! Hackers usually leave some crazy message such as “Your website has been HACKED”.
In many cases a website is the result of years of hard work – make sure your website is safe.
I had two websites hosted by Yahoo. Both websites were hacked and Yahoo was unable to restore them (sometimes one learns the hard way). This was 2 years of work down the drain.
In this Training Course you will learn how to:
- use a strong password
- install and set-up the best security plugin there is for WordPress (what’s more this is a FREE plugin)
- activate brute force protection
- automatically update plugins
- automatically scan your site daily
- track live traffic
- discover hackers’ IPs and block them
- see what people are doing on your site
- check for malware and site file changes and how to repair them
- establish whether your theme or any of the plugins you are using is no longer supported.
This plugin scan looks for malware, malicious URLs, and patterns of infections by examining all of the files, posts, and comments on your WordPress website.
By default, the plugin will scan your site daily.
Duration: 9am – 12pm
What to bring: a lap-top and a mouse (a tablet is useless for this type of training).
Hands-on: This is a hands-on Event. During Training you will be installing and setting-up the best Security plugin there is.