Making your Blog Page beautiful and easy to navigate. No coding required – this is an easy to use, effective and FREE solution to display an attractive posts’ page on your website.
This short (2h 30mins) Training Course is for anyone who already has a Blog created on self-hosting* WordPresss and needs to have the snippet of their Blogs displayed beautifully on a page. By clicking on the ‘Read more’ button the visitor to your website is directed to the relevant Blog.
Everyone has a ‘Blogs’ page. Some people call it ‘Blogs’ or ‘Posts’ or ‘Articles’ or ‘Latest News’, etc… When you first created a ‘Blogs’ page on your WordPress website your latest article will display there – not just an extract (of your article) but the complete article. This is ugly and makes navigation cumbersome.
You want your ‘Blogs’ page to have just enough information that will interest the visitor to your website to click on ‘Read more’ button and be directed to the complete article.
*not the free WordPress version
- Fully Responsive
- Cross Browsers Support (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc. )
- Page Selection option to show your blog posts with any page
- Easily manage number of posts per page
- Show/Hide Post category, tags, author, comment counts, etc.
- Multiple Post Category Selection
- 6 Default Blog Templates – Classical, Light Breeze, Spektrum, Evolution, Timeline and News
- Alternative Background color selection for posts
- Style your content with wide variety of options like text color, background color, font size, etc.
- Maintain post content length with summary text
- Manage your ‘Read More’ text
- Custom CSS support
- Square/Circle social share buttons
- Translation Ready (.pot file attached)
Prior to Plugin install – post displayed in its full content. Full content Blog follows one another (not aesthetically pleasing and also makes navigation difficult for the user):
Following Plugin installation and setting-up – when a visitor clicks on the ‘Read more’ button he/ she is directed to the actual article:
Adding background colour – you can easily add a background colour and set many other features :
Below the design I chose for my Blogs:
There are 6 beautiful templates to choose from on the free version and many more in the pro version:
Click on any of the screenshots below to enlarge:
Time: 9 – 11:30am
What to bring:
A lap-top and a mouse (a tablet is useless for this type of training). There is high speed WiFi at the venue (but bring your 3G/ 4G plugin as backup, should you have one).
The login details to the Admin Area (Dashboard) of your WordPress website.
This is hands-on training. During this workshop you will install and setup an important WordPress plugin.
Meet new friends and learn how to create beautiful Blog Layouts.