SEO Training Course – Search Engine Optimization
SEO Training Course – Get your website ranked higher in Google search!
Optimizing your site to the best practices will help you improve your rankings in Google, Yahoo/ Bing and other search engines, gain more subscribers and have a better website in general. This Training is for those who for business or personal reasons wish to have their webpages/ websites ranked higher on searches*. Mix and mingle with other Attendees and learn the wonderful world of SEOs.
Install/ Update JetPack
Setup/ Update the Free Jetpack Plugin:
- Performance & Speed
- Checking Spelling; Testimonials and Portfolios
- Publicize Connections; Sharing Buttons and Like Buttons
- Enable Comments and Comment Likes; Allow Users to Subscribe to your Posts
- Enable Related Posts
- Monitor your Site’s Downtime; Manage Plugins Auto-updates; Prevent Brute Force Attack.
Install and Setup the Free Akismet Anti-Spam Plugin
Install and setup the most important anti-spam plugin there is.
Install and Setup Yoast
Install and setup the most important SEO Plugin there is.
Bing Webmaster Tools
- Verify your Website on Google Webmaster Tools
- Add your XML Sitemap to Bing
- Request Bingbot to crawl your website.
Google Webmaster Central and Google Search Console
- Verify your Website on Google
- Submit your Sitemap to Google
- URL Inspection.
SEO Best Practices – Optimization of your Pages and Blogs for SEO
You are going to optimize a Page or Blog on your Website taking the following into account:
- Add Links
- Add Alt Attributes to Images
- Add the Focus Keyword/ Keyphrase to your Title, Slug, Content, Alt Attribute and Meta Description
- Keyword/ Keyphrase Density
- The Min and Max Number of Words needed in Content
- Use Heading Tags (H1 to H6) appropriately
- Content is King
- The Importance of Regular Publishing
- Where to find Stock Free High Quality Images
*you will benefit from this Workshop if you already have a self-hosted WordPress website (not the free version of WordPress).
Hands-on learn-how: This is hands-on training.
What to bring: a lap-top (a tablet is useless for this type of training).
Duration: 9am – 2pm
Meet new friends and have your website rank higher on Google search.
Keywords: learn seo, seo course, search engine optimization training, seo training Johannesburg, seo workshop, wordpress seo training, Johannesburg seo, search engine marketing Johannesburg, seo short courses, seo Johannesburg, seo training, wordpress seo course, search engine optimization course, seo courses, seo course Johannesburg, ranking, Yoast
[Click an image to enlarge it and view in a carousel]