SEO Training Course – Get your website ranked higher in Google search!
Optimizing your site to the best practices will help you improve your rankings in Google, Yahoo/ Bing and other search engines, gain more subscribers and have a better website in general. This Training is for those who for business or personal reasons wish to have their webpages/ websites ranked higher on searches*. Mix and mingle with other Attendees and learn the wonderful world of SEOs.
Install/ Update JetPack
Setup/ Update the Free Jetpack Plugin:
- Performance & Speed
- Publicize Connections; Sharing Buttons and Like Buttons
- Enable Comments and Comment Likes; Allow Users to Subscribe to your Posts
- Enable Related Posts
- Monitor your Site’s Downtime; Manage Plugins Auto-updates; Prevent Brute Force Attack.
Install and Setup the Free Akismet Anti-Spam Plugin
Install and setup the most important anti-spam plugin there is.
Install and Setup Yoast
Install and setup the most important SEO Plugin there is.
Bing Webmaster Tools
- Verify your Website on Bing Webmaster Tools
- Add your XML Sitemap to Bing
- Request Bingbot to crawl your website.
Google Webmaster Central and Google Search Console
- Verify your Website on Google
- Submit your Sitemap to Google
- URL Inspection.
SEO Best Practices – Optimization of your Pages and Blogs for SEO
You are going to learn how to optimize a Page or Post on your Website taking the following into account:
- Add Links
- Add Alt Attributes to Images
- Add the Focus Keyword/ Keyphrase to your Title, Slug, Content, Alt Attribute and Meta Description
- Keyword/ Keyphrase Density
- The Min and Max Number of Words needed in Content
- Use Heading Tags (H1 to H6) appropriately
- Content is King
- The Importance of Regular Publishing
- Where to find Stock Free High Quality Images
*you will benefit from this Workshop if you already have a self-hosted WordPress website (not the free version of WordPress).
Hands-on learn-how: This SEO Training Course is hands-on training.
What to bring: a lap-top (a tablet is useless for this type of training).
Duration: 9am – 1pm
Meet new friends and have your website rank higher on Google search.
[Click an image to enlarge it and view in a carousel]