Skip to content
SEO: Basic Principles and Techniques
SEO: Basic Principles
- Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines.
- Avoid tweaking your website intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb “Does this help my users?”
- Think about what makes your website unique, valuable, or engaging. Make your website stand out from others in your field.
Avoid the Following Techniques
- Automatically generated content
- Participating in link schemes
- Creating pages with little or no original content
- Sneaky redirects
- Hidden text or links
- Participating in affiliate programs without adding sufficient value
- Loading pages with irrelevant keywords
- Creating pages with malicious behaviour, such as phishing or installing viruses, trojans, or other badware
Engage in Good Practices
- Monitoring your site for hacking and removing hacked content as soon as it appears
- Preventing and removing user-generated spam on your site
Exciting news - a New Website is Being Created: https://webtrainingjohannesburg.com/ Dismiss
Need WordPress Training? WhatsApp us now!
Join our Group on WhatsApp
Share this page with a friend