Effective Techniques for Organic Link Building
Tips from Matt Cutts, Head of Google Webspam Team:
- Great content will bring you many links.
- Answer Questions – participate in the community by answering questions that may help others. If you help someone the probability is high that that person will link to you.
- Original Research – share the results of your research with the public. If someone benefits from your search the probability is high that they are going to remember you and link to you.
- Newsletters – email useful info to people’s inboxes. This will result in increased traffic and conversions.
- Social Media – participate in a forum or a blog and participate also on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+ and other social platforms.
- Doing a Presentation at a Conference is another great way to get links.
- Directories – enter your business on online Business Directories
- Create a Blog and become an authority in your field – there is no excuse these days for a company/ individual not having a blog. Use your blog to establish yourself. Your blog is your online business card, your Profile on the internet.
- How-tos and tutorials. Did you learn something useful? Put it on the internet. It may help someone else.
- Do you have a free product or service? make it available to others. A good example is open source such as a new free plugin for WordPress. If you develop a free plugin and make it available for others to use… you won’t have to go to people… people will come to you. You do the work once and people downstream will come to you. Some will be grateful for what you have done and they will link to you.
- Ensure your website has good site architecture. Ask yourself: Can my site be crawled? can my site’s URLs be bookmarked? What about my internal links – can Google get to all the pages on my site? Make it easy to link to your site as well as to individual pages and posts within your site.
- Make a few videos.