This Workshop is for anyone who already attended the Training Course: ‘Create Free Website‘. We go over your new website’s Admin Area: add/ edit pages and posts, photo galleries, widgets, menus and more – details below:
Q & A Session
A recap of material learnt during ‘Create Free Website’ and a session to answer your questions.
Pages & Posts
- The Gutenberg Editor
- Permalink/ slug
- Paragraph and Heading 1 to Heading 6
- Internal and external links
- Insert ‘Read More’ tag
- The difference between ‘Visual’ and Text’
- Editing Categories
- Page Attributes
- Publish (Public, Password protected, Private)
- Revisions – why revisions are important.
- All Users (settings, edit, change roles)
- Add New
- Your Profile (settings, Gravatar, other…)
Media – Photos & Videos
- Featured Image
- Media Library
- Upload Files
- Title, Alt Text, Caption, Description
- Create Gallery
- Edit Gallery/ Add to Gallery
- Gallery Settings (Link to, Size, Type)
- Embedding Videos. Changing video dimensions.
- Important widgets to activate.
- Mobile – display your site on all devices.
- Create/ select Menu
- Menu Structure (Menu and drop-downs).
An in-depth look into important Stats in your website’s Admin Area:
- Views on Posts & Pages
- Countries – where are visitors coming from?
- Referrers – who refers visitors to your website?
- Have you got quality content?
Refreshments: Snacks and refreshments will be served.
What to bring: a lap-top and a mouse (a tablet is useless for this type of training). There is WiFi at the venue.
Hands-on: This is a hands-on Event. During this workshop you will improve the effectiveness of your Pages and Posts.
[Click an image to enlarge it]
Meet new Friends and Improve your WordPress Skills