Create a beautiful Blog: hundreds of free, customizable, mobile-ready designs and themes to choose from.
Learn how to create a free Blog on WordPress. Create a beautiful, relatively easy Blog such as Fit and Fun Now or a more complex Blog (with millions of followers) s.a. boing boing, Mashable and TechCrunch.
Many people earn a living from Blogging.
Here’s what you get:
There are important reasons why you should be blogging regularly. These include:
- Blogs are personal
- Blogs foster engagement with your customers
- Blogging is a fairly simple and easy-to-learn way to generate content
- Your blog is a place where you build credibility
- Blogging forces you to be more creative
Do’s and Don’ts
A couple of “Golden Rules” to get you started.
Setup a FREE Blog on WordPress
Settings in the Admin Area
- All Users
- Invite New
- Personal Settings
Setup a Gravatar Profile.
- Set Screen Options
- Create (add)/ edit pages s.a Home, Blogs, Photo Gallery, Videos, Contact Us
- Page Attributes
- Set Featured Image
- Set Screen Options
- Create (add)/ edit a blog
- Add Photos, edit photos
Photos, Galleries and Photo Albums
Create a beautiful tiled mosaic.
How to quickly search for a photo in the media library: search by ‘item’, ‘date’, ‘keyword’.
Image Attachment Details
- Alt text – let images help your Search Engine rankings
- Image Attachment Display Setting
- Media File
- Attachment Page
- Custom URL
- Gallery Type
- Thumbnail Grid
- Tiled Mosaic
- Square Tiles
- Tiled Columns
- Wrap Text
- Wrap text around Image
- Embed Videos
- Embed a YouTube Video to a Page or Post; Embed a Video as a Widget
Easily add, customize and embed Google maps on pages and posts and… widgets
- Choose a theme
- Customize your theme
You can change the look of your blog with over 380 attractive WordPress themes ranging from professional to fun to crazy, and you can switch themes instantly with just a click of a button. Each theme allows you to customize your sidebar using widgets, and several themes let you upload your own photo or image for the header bar.
- Create Main Menu
- Create Side Menu
- Create drop-down Menus
- Blogs I Follow – display linked images for the blogs you follow
- Facebook like box – display a Facebook Like Box to connect visitors to your Facebook Page
- Follow button – add a WordPress follow button to allow people to follow your blog easier
- Gallery – display a photo gallery or slideshow as a widget
- Gravatar Profile – display a mini version of your Gravatar Profile
- Top Posts & Pages – shows your most viewed posts and pages.
- Top Rated – a list of your top rated posts, pages or comments.
- and more…
Days, weeks and months; Referrers; Search Engine Terms; Totals, Followers and Shares; Top Posts and Pages; Clicks; Enhanced Stats
Enable mobile theme
How to create links and have them open on new pages
How to edit URLs on pages and posts
Refreshments: There will be a tea break.
What to bring: a lap-top and a mouse (a tablet is useless for this type of training). There is high speed WiFi at the venue (but bring your 3G/ 4G plugin as backup, should you have one).
Hands-on: This is a hands-on Event. During this workshop you are going to create your own Blog with all the features you see on https://fitandfunnow.com .
Duration: 9am – 1pm
Meet new Friends and Learn how to Create and Publish a Beautiful Blog